This week I passed 5000 followers on Word Press. Seems like an impossible dream for me. I thought it was really something when I reached a hundred followers. Then it was three, then five and now five thousand followers!
I am most grateful to all of you for your friendship, inspiration, and kind support. I learned to know so many people from all over the world who appreciate poetry and enjoy my photos and art work. You have been most generous with your likes and comments.
Here are a few thoughts on creating a successful blog:
* Write your blog because it makes you feel good.
* Be authentic in your writing… share your life and imaginations.
* Colorful photos are a great eye-catcher and compliment your work.
* Don’t try to imitate or copy someone else’s style of writing.
* Keep posts short and crisp. Say what you say and stop!
* Present a variety of subjects that are unique and interesting.
* Join a group of bloggers who enjoy what you do.
*Most importantly practice networking:
-Put likes, comments, and follows on other people’s blogs.
-Always respond when someone takes time to comment on
your work. Thank yous are important!
-Develop personal life interactions with some of your bloggers.
-Plan to spend a lot of time each day on your blog.
*As followers, increase you won’t be able to read everyone’s blog who follows you, but it is important to check in with them from time to time.
Have fun and see the world through others! Thank you for being a part of my life!
P.S. … and I am still using the Free Word Press Blog!