The Liebster Award
I want to thank https://scribbledbym.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It is an honor for me to have all of you read my poetry and view my photography. I find writing very rewarding, but the best part is having others read and enjoy what I write. That makes it all worthwhile. I try to write on a daily basis and live, as I call it, on the edge of inspiration. I have only been part of the blogging world for about four months. Since I started I have been posting one of my poems each day on my site. It has been a wonderful experience.
So here are the rules for those who will accept this Award Nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 5 questions that the blogger gave you.
- Nominate at least 3, but no more than 5, bloggers that you think deserve the award.
- Tell the blogger that you nominated them.
- Create 5 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
Here are my questions to answer:
- Is your passion your profession or hobby? Or do you like to take up your passion as profession?
Since I am retired, writing for me is a hobby that is driven by people like you. It has become a passion that I pursue almost every day.
- What do you think about farmer and agriculture?
I grew up in the 1960’s and worked for five summers on my uncle’s dairy farm in Pennsylvania. It was one the best things that I ever did. I have great respect for farmers , especially family farmers. It is sad to see family farms being gobbled up by giant conglomerates. Farming is quite different from when I was young. I still love driving through the corn fields and watching the summer bring on the fall harvest. There is a lot of fuss about GMO’s, but in order to feed an ever-growing population, some measures have to be taken to insure against crop failure.
- What type of music do you like?
I love most kinds of music. Growing up in the 60’s the music of the Folk generation and groups like Peter Paul and Mary and Simon and Garfunkle greatly influenced me. I also love country music and found the music of Johnny Cash very influential. I like blues and classical music, old rock and roll, and Gospel music. I enjoy singing and playing the guitar, writing songs, and singing in our church choir.
- What do you think about politics ?
I believe our politics in the US has hit an all-time low. I never liked the mud-slinging lies and innuendos of political campaigns. I believe that many politicians worry more about special interests and getting reelected than about the people they serve. Political correctness has gone to extreme. We have tried to please too many special interest groups and have lost our way as a country. I don’t see much change happening in the near future.
- Who is your favorite author?
My favorite author is William Paul Young who wrote The Shack. For some, this may be a controversial book, but for me I loved the colorful descriptions of Theological Figures. In this metaphorical story, he searches to find meaning in the loss of his young daughter. It is one of the most powerful books that I have read.
My Nominees are:
My questions to the new nominees are:
- What is your favorite subject to write about? Why?
- How has writing changed you?
- What motivates you ?
- How would you change the way children are educated?
- How does faith fit into your life?